Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Power of Worship

This morning I woke up early with my husband and decided, "I need answers, I will fast and pray today!" (in my super dignified, spiritual voice). So after he left I went to my room turned on some Jesus Culture, and looked up the scripture Philippians 4:6-7, which talks about how we are to make our requests to God and what happens when we do this. I have a habit of words I'm not completely secure with my understanding of the meaning I look up in the dictionary. I looked up the word supplication, and it's a humble prayer, then I said to myself why would they say prayer twice and just use another word for it. So naturally I looked up the word prayer, and it says, "a spiritual communion with God." I was floored, wow, communion (intimate communication) with God when I come to pray it's like me saying, "Let me prepare my banquet table, I'll layout the finest china, silverware, and the most expensive of everything to come and talk with you!"After reading this I began to pray and speak to God concerning somethings on my heart and started praying with the verse above and that's just what happened, God's peace came and it's as if I heard Him say, "OK, I'll take of it, now just relax and worship me." See when you begin to worship, you can't see anything around you, those things that worried you, those requests you had for Him, the people around you...... everything gets laid at His feet and you abandon the world around you and enter the throne room of God! Hebrews 4:16 tells us that we can come boldly into the throne room of grace and receive mercy and find grace for our time of need! This is what happens as we worship we receive forgiveness and compassion and find unmerited favor from God! I'm not saying prayer is not important on the contrary, we need both, what I'm saying is sometimes we think, "well, I will fast and pray (as I thought this morning lol) and really God just wants us to cast those burdens on Him and just love on Him! I encourage you all to turn on whatever worship music you have or be silent before the Lord, however you worship and just love on Him and let His love and mercy wash over you! Stay Blessed!!!!!! Remember too if you have any prayer request feel free to email me privately and no it's confidential but I will be praying with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment