Monday, September 26, 2011

Who am I?

Genesis 1:27 Tells us that we are made in the image of God, does this mean just people who believe in Him, no  it says we all were, mankind was. 
  First thing this says to me is that we were created differently than any other creation, we were specially designed. It goes on to say in Genesis 2:7 that in order for us to become alive He had to breathe into us the breathe of life! Everything else that was placed on the earth was placed by His spoken word, but God himself, got down and sculpted us with His own hands to make sure that not one detail was missed. It's one thing to tell someone how to bake a cake an give them the directions on how to do it but it's another thing when you are the one getting your hands in the mix and making sure that every detail to the end is followed exactly. You finish with this cake that you have created and it is a masterpiece, perfect in every way, there is a sense of excitement! 
  The bible says in Psalm 139:14, that we were made out of reverence and heartfelt  interest from God we weren't just thrown on the planet and left to our own devices, but we were thought out and planned. Sometimes in life it is so easy to feel forgotten or left out and as humans we have the need to belong and to be seen. I know I have felt that desire my entire life, "who will love me for me; who I am?" I believe this desire is placed there by God for us to seek after Him. He is the only one who knows us even better than we know ourselves. Psalm 139 says it so beautifully, here is a King who has seen the heart of God and knows all to well how much God loves us. I encourage you to read it. The verse I want to look at is Psalm 139:13, it says that God has formed our inner most parts and covered us in our mother's womb. Wow! Imagine the God of all the universe, great powerful, mighty God, yet still loves us enough to form us with His own hand. 
  Last night I saw how well the Father knows me and much He loves me. He placed someone in my path, who didn't even know what He had been healing me from in my heart and she spoke to me exactly what He had been telling me Himself, but the main thing I realized was I had not been forgotten! Some of you probably feel how I had felt for so long. It had been years since I went to bible school, years since I was about to walk into ministry, years since I had felt the loving, tender presence of the Lord! I just kept saying last night, " I can't believe this Father, I thought you forgot about me, I thought those plans you had for me were gone, I was ready to live content just knowing I was still going to heaven! But the fact that you haven't counted me out in spite of all I have done and been through (which I will share in the future) speaks volumes to my heart and Lord I am ready and willing if need be to abandon everything and go after what you have for me!" The Lord just kept saying to me, "Restoration, restoration, everything I have placed in your heart in time's past for you to do you will do. You will accomplish those things i have spoken and have those things I have promised!" Romans 11:29 says that the gifts and call of God are irrevocable. They will never be taken away He is just waiting for us to stop walking around the mountain. We are the ones who forget, we forget ourselves, we forget His promises and we forget that no matter what God is our Father and welcomes back with loving arms wide open!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! WOW, what an excellent post! It is great to see your passion for God! Just keep following others and they will come and follow you....like Jesus said....to be "fishers of men"....Praise God! I look forward to reading your future posts! Keep at it, dear friend!! Much love, your sis' in Christ ~ alice

    ReplyDelete