Monday, September 26, 2011

Is it really better?

I recently heard someone say, "it is better to ask forgiveness than permission". This is a pretty well known saying and seems to be a overly used statement as far as people actually living by it. Don't lie we have all in some point in life done this, I know I have. It seems to be a pretty good thing to live by, right? Proverbs 14:12 says the opposite, it says that things that seem right and could be justifiable to a man are wrong in reality and can lead to destruction. Think of a time you have used this senerio in your life and it may or may not have been okay in the natural realm. Now think of a time you really needed some answers for direction in your life and instead of going on and just walking with God and waiting for those answers you applied this statement. What would happen if everytime we needed answers and had to patiently wait we just did our own thing. I was reading an old notebook today and was reading things that the Lord had spoken to me in times past and I had applied this statement instead of just waiting for the Lord. You know it has been over 3 years that He spoke that stuff and because I know the mercy and forgiveness of God would always be there (1John 1:9 He is faithful to forgive us) I didn't think there would be any harm in trying to do my own thing. Ha ha ha yes God did forgive me and loves me so much, but I had to face some harsh realities, did He and is He restoring me absolutely, but everything I wrote in my notebook 2 nights ago is exactly what He spoke for me to do 3 years ago and He has promised to restored dreams He has given. I have learned though that somethings that He has for us our for a season and if we don't have immediate obedience we lose certain things. And as much as that hurts us and hurts the Lord sin always has consequences. It's like you can't expect to not get burned if you don't listen and stick your hand into a fire! Now with saying all this God is ever loving and willing to take us back and love us just as much as before. But why sacrifice even a little bit of God's blessings for us? I don't know about you but I want everything He has for me and nothing less! So there is some food for thought for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment